Louis L. Picone
Louis L. Picone is the author of The President Is Dead! The Extraordinary Stories of the Presidential Deaths, Final Days, Burials, and Beyond (Skyhorse Publishing, 2016) and Where the Presidents Were Born: The History & Preservation of the Presidential Birthplaces (Schiffer Publishing, 2012). He has served on the board of the Roxbury Historic Trust and is a member of the Authors Guild and Mensa International. In June 2016 Louis spoke at the international conference "U.S. Presidents and Russian Rulers" at the Russian Academy of Sciences in Moscow. Louis is currently working on a Masters degree in history at William Paterson University and in October 2016 he was awarded a scholarship grant to attend the prestigious "Region and Nation is American Histories of Race and Slavery" conference at George Washington's Mount Vernon. He currently resides in Roxbury, New Jersey.
Awards and Recognition
- In June 2016 Louis presented at the international conference "U.S. Presidents and Russian Rulers" at the Russian Academy of Sciences in Moscow.
Press and Media Mentions
- Skyhorse Publishing blog post : "Lifting the Lid: Lenin’s Tomb and American Presidential Funeral Customs"
- January 31, 2017 interview by Rob Anthes in the Hamilton Post "Hamilton native publishes two books about the lives of American presidents"
- January 8, 2017 interview by Jacqueline Cutler in the Newark Star Ledger "Q&A with NJ writer who takes a presidential approach"
- New Yorker Louis Picone tracks Presidents right from the start, with book on all their birthplaces New York Daily News, November 28, 2012
- September 11, 2016 review of The President is Dead! in the New York Post by Sara Stewart "How America’s presidents lived their final moments"