Paulette Kouffman Sherman
Dr. Paulette Kouffman Sherman is a successful licensed psychologist with a practice in NYC and a coaching practice by phone. She has worked with clients for 15 years and brings this experience together in her new book, The Book of Sacred Baths' being published by Llewellyn Worldwide (Aug 2016). Happy fulfilling relationships begin with your relationship to yourself and your Spirit. The Book of Sacred Baths teaches satisfying, simple practices to refresh and renew your Spirit in your daily bath, while helping you transform various aspects of your life.
Dr. Sherman also published, 'Dating from the Inside Out' with Atria Books (2007) and self-published a legacy of nineteen other books under Parachute Jump Publishing. She has won fourteen book awards and her books have been published in five languages.
Paulette has also been an adjunct teacher at two universities and has worked in many clinical settings. She is a speaker and a Reiki Master. She writes regular columns for JDate, Eligible Magazine and little Pink Book.
Awards and Recognition
- ‘Dating from the Inside Out’ was the winner of the ‘National Best Books Award for 2008’ in the Self-Help/Relationships category, sponsored by USA Books.
- ‘Dating from the Inside Out’ was the 2009 COVR Visionary Award Finalist in the category of Conscious Living/Self-Help.
- 'When Mars Women Date' was the 2012 Winner of The London Book Festival Award for the How-To Category. The ceremony was at the British library in London which I attended.
- ‘Dating from the Inside Out’ won the London Book Festival’s Honorable Mention Award in 2009 in the category of Self-Help.
- The Cancer Path‘ has won an Honorable Mention Award for Spirituality Books in the NY Book Festival 2013.
- Dr. Sherman’s book, ‘When Mars Women Date‘ was the Award-Winning Finalist in the Self-Help/Relationships category in the 2013 USA Best Book Awards, sponsored by USA Book News.
- ‘My Bubby’s Journey Through the Holocaust‘ won an Honorable Mention award in the Biography/Autobiography category of the Great Northwest Book Festival 2014.
- ‘To Be Noble‘ won an Honorable Mention award in the Children’s Books category of the Great Southwest Book Festival 2014.
- Shekhina‘ won an Honorable Mention award in the Purple Dragonfly Book Awards, in Spiritual/religious children’s book category.
- Dr. Paulette Sherman’s children’s book, We Are From One Planet, won an Honorable Mention Award for General Picture Books in the 2014 Purple Dragonfly Book Awards.
Press and Media Mentions
- Dr. Sherman was interviewed on NPR’s Cityscape with George Bodarsky.
- Dr. Sherman was interviewed for 30 minutes on KBOO-FM Pathways with Paul O’Brien about “When Mars Women Date”
- Dr. Sherman was interviewed for 17 minutes on 'The Curtis Sliwa' show on 77WABC.
- Dr. Sherman was interviewed on Solo in the City Radio, CJAD 800AM- “Solo for the Holidays” on Dec. 19, 2015
- Dr. Sherman was interviewed on KBOO-FM Pathways with Paul O’Brien about “Dating from the Inside Out” for 30 minutes.
- Dr. Sherman was interviewed on The Early Show: ‘Dating School 101: Dating School Teaches Singles How to Go about It’.
- See my video about writing a book legacy after being diagnosed with break cancer, ‘The Loud Voice of Cancer’ on the Huffington Post.
- Here are articles Dr. Sherman was quoted in as an expert.
- Here are the articles Dr. Sherman has written.
- Dr. Sherman on KATU's AM Northwest TV morning show speaking about her book, 'Dating from the Inside Out.'