A USA Today best selling and award-winning author, Vicki Hinze, has written over thirty-five books (fiction and nonfiction) and hundreds of articles that have been published in as many as 63 countries. She is also a columnist for the global Social-In Network.
Vicki writes most often in Romantic Suspense, Thrillers with a romantic element, and Military Romance or Military Thrillers for the general market or for the Christian market. She has written series, political thrillers, suspense, paranormal romantic suspense, time-travel suspense, women’s action adventure, thrillers, psycho-thrillers and contemporary romance with a strong mystery element. All of her books contain elements of suspense, mystery and romance. She enjoys genre-blending and is known as a trailblazer for doing so.
After her fourth published novel, she returned to college and earned an MA in creative writing then a Ph.D. in Philosophy (Theocentric Business and Ethics). She founded Writers’ Aids to mentor other authors, which evolved into Writers’ Zone, where she answers questions on craft, the business of writing and the writing life and maintains a free online writers’ library, ON WRITING, on her website, www.vickihinze.com. By request, some of those articles are on Kindle. Additional podcasts, workshops, lectures and feature articles are also in the writing library.
Between family and writing commitments, she has little time for hobbies and her other interests. Her favorite non-writing activity is home-improvement projects. Knocking down walls appeals to her. For fun, she designs book covers.
Hinze’s blog (vickihinze.com/blog) is divided into five categories: My Kitchen Table (chat), On Writing (Craft, business, life of writing), My Faith Zone (spiritual journey), Thinking Aloud (a thought to ponder for busy days), and Vicki Hinze Today, which contains all kinds of articles from multiple sources on things of interest relating to books and the publishing industry.
Raised in New Orleans, Hinze then married a career Hurricane Hunter/Special Ops officer. They and their children moved every few years. Mississippi, California, Illinois, Florida and Texas. They settled in Northwest Florida, where Vicki has adopted a pet turtle named Phred.
Awards and Recognition
- National Service Award, Romance Writers of America
- First PRO Mentor of the Year, RWA PRO
- Reviewer’s Choice, Best Faith-Affirming Thriller of the Year, Forget Me Not •Best Romantic Suspense Novel of the Year, Lady Justice, Shades of Gray, Duplicity
- Reviewer’s Choice, Best Romantic Intrigue Novel of the Year, Lady Liberty
- Reviewer’s Choice, Best Romantic Adventure Novel of the Year, Her Perfect Life
- RT Reviewer’s Choice, Best Mainstream Suspense Novel of the Year, All Due Respect
- RT Reviewer’s Choice, Best Time-Travel Novel of the Year, Festival (aka Legend of the Mist)
- Career Achievement Award for Best Series Storyteller of the Year, Lady Liberty
- Career Achievement Award for Best Romantic Adventure of the Year, Her Perfect Life
- RT Gold Medal Awards, Lady Liberty, Acts of Honor, All Due •Respect, Shades of Gray