Dr. Caer Hallundbaek is a thought-leader, award-winning author and media host on matters of spirituality and growth in relationships. Her acclaimed books include "Dear Little One: Thoughts to My Child in an Uncertain World" (2005, 2018), a best-selling gift book of timeless reflections for readers as they mature through the stages of life; and "Inspired Relationships: 7 Saints' Real-Life Lessons on How to Live, Love and Work” (2013), an insightful and innovative tool for relationships at home, at work and in community, nominated for a Christopher and two Catholic Press Association Awards.
Dr. Caer (pronounced 'Care') is a Founding Director of the Godspeed Institute, a forward-looking organization that provides ideas, educational tools, and programs that increase religious and cultural literacy and promote spiritual and relational life skills. She is perhaps best known as the host of the Godspeed Institute radio program. Rising above the din of fighting that often dominates and burdens media discussions on world religion and spiritual belief systems, Caer launched the Godspeed Institute radio program in 2010 as “an on-air classroom” to help improve understanding between people in an upbeat atmosphere of respect.
Since then, Caer has interviewed over 150 scholars, ministers, writers, and practitioners of belief systems from locations around the world. The Godspeed Institute programs are an entertaining and educational resource, offered freely with the intent of fostering peace and tolerance.
She has produced leading-edge broadcast media for nearly two decades. An original consultant on the launch of PBS' long-running TV series 'Religion & Ethics Weekly,' she has worked for TIME, NBC and HBO, has hosted greater New York's 'Winds of Change,' and served as an on-air commentator on youth and spirituality for FOX News. She won top awards for her newspaper column "Soul Proprietors," which explored how people better harmonized their work and their personal beliefs.
Caer is a graduate of New York University, Maryknoll School of Theology, Fordham University and Creighton University. She lives with her family in coastal Maine.
To learn more, and to listen to the Godspeed Institute podcasts, visit www.godspeedinstitute.com.
Awards and Recognition
- 2016 Presenter, “Globalizing the Humanities” Conference, University of Pittsburgh
- 2016 Nominated, Martin E. Marty Public Understanding of Religion Award
- 2014 Nominated, Martin E. Marty Public Understanding of Religion Award
- 2008 Nominated, Christopher Award, for book 'Inspired Relationships'
- 2008 Nominated, 2 Catholic Press Association awards for 'Inspired Relationships'
- 2005 Dear Little One (CPA bestseller), Non-fiction, Parenting
- 2003 First Place Winner, Columnist, Newspaper Series, 'Soul Proprietors'
- 2003 First Place Winner, Television, Education Producer, Maine PBS