Dr. Caer Hallundbaek is Founding Director of the Godspeed Institute in coastal Maine,
a forward-looking organization that provides ideas, educational tools, and programs that increase religious and cultural literacy and promote spiritual and relational life skills.
Caer is an educator, thought-leader and acclaimed author. Her books include "Dear Little One: Thoughts to My Child in an Uncertain World," and "Inspired Relationships." She is perhaps best known as the host of the Godspeed Institute radio program. Rising above the din of fighting that often dominates and burdens media discussions on world religion and spiritual belief systems, the Godspeed Institute radio program was launched in 2010 as “an on-air classroom” to help improve understanding between people in an upbeat atmosphere of respect.
Since then, Caer has interviewed over 150 scholars, writers and leaders of diverse belief systems and cultures from locations around the world, including Christian, Muslim, Jewish, Sikh, Sufi, Buddhist, Hindu, Taoist, Norse, Native American, and many more -- connecting with people in the U.S., Canada, the U.K., Europe, South America and Australia.
Godspeed has aired on the Progressive Radio Network in New York City, iTunes, Podbean, college and community radio networks, and online around the world. Listeners are 55% in the US and 45% around the globe.
The Godspeed Institute programs have been downloaded millions of times and are included as an educational resource at PBS National and universities including Yale. In 2014 and 2016, Caer was nominated for the Martin E. Marty Public Understanding of Religion Award.
She has produced leading-edge broadcast media for nearly two decades. An original consultant on the launch of PBS' long-running series 'Religion & Ethics,' she has worked for TIME, NBC and HBO, has hosted greater New York's 'Winds of Change,' and served as an on-air commentator on youth and spirituality for FOX News.
Caer was originally published with poetry, then essays, digital writing in all its forms, creative non-fiction, and books. She is a graduate of New York University, Maryknoll School of Theology, Fordham University and Creighton University.
For more information, email her at caer (at) godspeedinstitute.com.
Awards and Recognition
- 2016 Presenter, “Globalizing the Humanities” Conference, University of Pittsburgh
- 2016 Nominated, Martin E. Marty Public Understanding of Religion Award
- 2014 Nominated, Martin E. Marty Public Understanding of Religion Award
- 2008 Nominated, Christopher Award, for book 'Inspired Relationships'
- 2008 Nominated, 2 Catholic Press Association awards for 'Inspired Relationships'
- 2005 Dear Little One (CPA bestseller), Non-fiction, Parenting
- 2003 First Place Winner, Columnist, Newspaper Series, 'Soul Proprietors'
- 2003 First Place Winner, Television, Education Producer, Maine PBS