Mike Guardia is an internationally-recognized author and military historian. A veteran of the United States Army, he served six years on active duty as an Armor Officer. He is the author of the widely-acclaimed "Hal Moore: A Soldier Once...and Always," the first-ever biography chronicling the life of LTG Harold G. Moore, whose battlefield leadership was popularized by the film "We Were Soldiers," starring Mel Gibson.
He has twice been nominated for the Army Historical Foundation's Distinguished Book Award and is an active member in the Military Writers Society of America.
As a speaker, he hosts the lecture series "Hal Moore: Lessons in Leadership," which is available for presentation at schools, businesses, and civic organizations worldwide.
Mike Guardia has given presentations at the US Special Operations Command, the International Spy Museum, and the George Bush (41) Presidential Library. His work has been reviewed in the Washington Times, Military Review, Armchair General Magazine, DefenceWeb South Africa, and Soldier Magazine UK.
He holds a BA and MA in American History from the University of Houston. He currently lives in Minnesota.
Awards and Recognition
- Gold Medal Book Award - Military Writers Society of America (2014)
- Finalist - International Book Awards (2018)
- Finalist - International Book Awards (2017)
- Finalist - Army Historical Foundation's Distinguished Writing Award (2014)
- Finalist - Army Historical Foundation's Distinguished Writing Award (2011)
Press and Media Mentions
- Washington Times
- New York Journal of Books
- Publishers Weekly
- Military Review
- Vietnam Magazine
- Armchair General Magazine
- Armor and Cavalry Journal
- Infantry Magazine
- Soldier Magazine (UK)
- Reader's Digest
- Military Network Radio
- Big Blend Radio & TV Magazine
- The Jocko Podcast
- Barracks Talk - DV Radio
- Parenting Healthy
- The Children's Book Review
- Frontlines of Freedom