Hello, my name is Susan Purvis and I save lives. I teach others to do the same. My memoir, Go Find, became a bestseller in January 2019. Go Find is available for purchase on Amazon or B&N, or Indiebound.
I am excited to join Authors Guild. My free time is spent hiking, biking and boating on the glacial fed mountains and rivers near Glacier National Park in NW Montana. I write and lecture most of the year. My speciality is teaching wilderness medicine and avalanche courses and training dog teams how to save lives. My company, Crested Butte Outdoors (CB)) is thriving since 1998. www.cboutdoors.com.
In 2018, The Explorers Club chose me as a professional member. I join the likes of 800 women explorers from around the globe. Jackson Hole Mountain Guides and CBO joined forces in NW Montana teaching American Institute for Avalanche Research and Education (AIARE). I am also a Wilderness Medical Associates and AIARE Lead Instructor, American Avalanche Association and Wilderness Medical Society professional member.
Awards and Recognition
- Congressional Recognition for Susan Purvis and Tasha for two avalanche recoveries in three days in 2003 by Honorable Scott McInnis, Colorado
- Bestselling author Book, Biographies and Memoir January, 2019. Bestselling author Kindle, Outdoor Recreating, Mountain Climbing, Pet Care & Essays.
Press and Media Mentions
- BOOK EXPO in New York City May 30-June 2, 2018. Meet Susan Purvis at the Blackstone Publishing Booth. Book signing Friday June 1, 2018 at 10 am.
- Articles and Videos about Susan and her search dog Tasha can be located at Susan Purvis author's webpage, www.susanpurvis.com. March 2018 Susan trains avalanche dogs in Alaska.
- Library Journal Day of Dialog. New York City. May 30th, 2018. Susan will be speaking on an all women’s memoir panel. Join Library Journal for the most anticipated librarian-only gathering of the year.
- Flathead River Writers Conference 2-days. Kalispell, Montana. September 22-23, 2018. Featured Author Appearance& book signing. Flathead Valley Community College.
- Pacific Northwest Booksellers Association (PNBA) Tradeshow. Tacoma, WA. September 28-30, 2018. Featured Author Appearance with Susan Purvis at Luncheon.
- Mountain and Plains Independent Booksellers Association Fall Show. October 11-13, 2018. Denver, Colorado. Author Appearance with Susan Purvis on Friday with book and brews pitch.
- Banff Mountain Film and Book Festival. Banff, Canada. October 31-Nov 4, 2018. Featured Author Appearance, Women’s Panel Discussion.
- Explorers Club. Boulder, Colorado. Oct 10th at 6pm at the Gondolier Restaurant. Book Signing and discussion about life, love, and adventure.
- Neptune Mountaineering, Boulder, Colorado Oct 14th. 5-7 pm. Book signing and discussion.
- Sierra Club top 15 books for holiday gifts
- National Geographic Inspiring Travel Books to Read
- The Women's Eye Podcast, Adventurer and Author Susan Purvis
- Weller Book Works in Salt Lake City, Utah. October 8th at 6 pm. Book signing and discussion with Susan. Part of the Utah Humanities Festival.