Liza Nash Taylor
In January 2018, I finished the MFA program in Writing at Vermont College of Fine Arts. In 2018, I was named a Hawthornden Fellow. My work has appeared in Microchondria II, a flash fiction anthology published by the Harvard Bookstore; Bluestem Magazine, Ekphrastic, Rum Punch Press, The Copperfield Review, The Seven Hills Review, Gargoyle Magazine #66, and is forthcoming in Four Elements Anthology of Short Fiction. One of my short stories won the San Miguel Writer’s Conference Fiction Prize in 2016 and is published on their website.
I live and write in an old farmhouse in Keswick, Virginia, with my husband and three dogs. Currently, I am revising my second historical novel. My first novel, THE THIN END OF THE WEDGE, is represented by Mark Gottlieb at Trident Media Group.
Awards and Recognition
- Hawthornden International Fellow, March-April, 2018, Lasswade, Scotland.
- Longlisted, Retreat West First Chapter Contest, for THE THIN END OF THE WEDGE, APRIL, 2018.
- Winner, San Miguel Writer's Conference Fiction Prize, 2016.
- 2nd place, Novel Excerpt Division, The Seven Hills Review Literary Contest, 2017.
- Finalist, New Millenium Writings Awards #43. Short story category, 2017.
- Shortlisted, Four Elements Anthology of Short Fiction, 2017. Short story category.
- Finalist, New Millenium Writings Awards#41. 2016. Short story.
- Finalist, Southern Writer's Symposium Emerging Writer's Contest, 2015. Short story category.
- Finalist, Ruminate Magazine Van Dyke Prize, 2015. Short story category.
- Longlisted, Mslexia Magazine Novel Competition, (UK), 2015.