Lisa Cole is a lifelong fan of the written word, linguistics, and art of story telling. Her writings offer humorous emotional insight into broad thematic moments modern parents face such as guilt, acceptance, loneliness, depression, friendship, and marriage.
A native of the American South East, Lisa loves laid back southern culture, long evening walks, blooming azaleas, and sweet iced tea on a front porch rocking chair – especially in 100+ degree summers. And of course water play is her family's favorite method to beat the heat, with three of her four children on Summer Swim Team.
Her background in management, marketing and fundraising, along with a deep love of community, prompts active involvement on the Board of Directors of East Point Academy, the Junior League of Columbia, Children’s Trust of SC and other non-profit organizations.
During free time, she enjoys yoga, cosplay, Netflix binges, camping, Dr. Who, and well-timed jokes.
Awards and Recognition
- Junior League of Columbia Leadership Certificate
- ΦΘΚ Phi Theta Kappa International Honor Society Member
Press and Media Mentions
- MAGAZINE ARTCLE: Interested in serving others? Catch “Volunteering: Matters of the Heart” in the January 2018 print issue of Reach Out Columbia. Article also available online.
- Writer Lisa Cole shared a Facebook post once the wedding concluded, applauding the strength she saw in Meghan Markle's mother. In it, she described what the rest of us had struggled to put into words. "Can we just take a moment," she wrote, "to honor this..... [READ MORE]
- Freelance writer Lisa Cole makes headlines in South Africa: “Moving Message About Meghan’s Mom, Doria Ragland, Reaches Over 1 Million People“
- WACH (FOX): A Columbia mother has gained worldwide attention after she shared a heartfelt Facebook post praising Doria Ragland as she watched her daughter Meghan Markle marry into the British royal family.
- FOX CAROLINA: A South Carolina mother is reaching people all over the world with a social media post she wrote about the mother of the new Duchess of Sussex, Meghan Markle.
- WIS (NBC)...She later comes back and edits the post to add a shout out to all mothers and women all over the world....
- INTERVIEW ON WLTX (CBS): Lisa Cole on Friends at Five discussing the power of positive words and the need to support mothers in society
- This week, Lisa Cole’s four children give her an unexpected anniversary gift. (Featured story on Akashic Books)
- Lisa Cole named as 2017-2018 Board of Directors Member at Large for East Point Academy
- INTERVIEW: "Some people do it. Some people totally transform their lives. Some people radically change their limiting circumstances. Some people overcome all odds, all obstacles. Lisa Cole is one of those people..."