HAROLD DAVIS is a professional photographer and digital artist whose work is widely collected. He is the author of many bestselling photography books, including most recently The Photographer’s Black & White Handbook from Monacelli Press.
According to Rangefinder Magazine, "Harold is a man of astonishing eclectic skills and accomplishments." Harold is a Zeiss Lens Ambassador and has been recognized as a Moab Master for his handcrafted fine-art prints. He has been called the Ansel Adams of digital photography by the Seattle Book Review, and according to Popular Photography Magazine, "Harold Davis’s ethereal floral arrangements have a purity and translucence that borders on spiritual."
Harold Davis is a popular workshop leader. Harold’s website is www.digitalfieldguide.com.
Awards and Recognition
- Black & White Spider Nominee Award, 2012 North American Nature Photography (NANPA) Showcase Award, 2011 World Gala Awards Storytelling Finalist award, 2011 North American Nature Photography (NANPA) Showcase Award, 2010 North American Nature Photography (NANPA) Judge’s Choice Award, 2010 International Aperture Awards, 2009, two bronze medals North American Butterfly Association art award, 2009 North American Nature Photography (NANPA) Showcase Award, 2009 International Aperture Awards, 2008, two silver medals
Press and Media Mentions
- The poet among the photographers, profile on Zeiss Lenspire website, September, 2015
- Interview, Podcast with Harold Davis (produced by Mid Century Books) (Part I)
- Harold Davis Talks at Google (The Photographer’s Black & White Handbook and The Zen of Photography)
- Achieving Your Potential As a Photographer, pre-publication review, Rangefinder Magazine, May, 2015.
- New York Times, H.D.R. Photography for the Realist (Roy Furchgott provides tips on High Dynamic Range photography techniques from Harold Davis on the Gadgetwise blog)
- “Los fotógrafos hacen fotografías, las cámaras no”: Harold Davis nos habla de su relación con el mundillo fotográfico (Xatakafoto, October 2013)