I'm an author and engineer from the UK with a passion for educating youngsters on what engineering is really about. This led me to publish my first children’s book ‘My Mummy is an Engineer’ in 2015, which I co-authored with my brother.
This was self-published under our own company, Butterfly Books. The butterfly is a symbol of transformation and Butterfly Books hopes to transform the way in which youngsters perceive various careers.
By raising awareness of careers from a young age we aim to reduce national skills gap problems as well as reduce gender bias in various careers.
Awards and Recognition
- 2017 Purdue University Engineering Gift Guide (My Mummy is an Engineer)
- 2017 Telegraph Top 50 Women in Engineering
- 2017 AFBE-UK Award for Inspiring the Next Generation of Engineers
- 2016 Finalist - International Book Awards (My Mummy is an Engineer)
- 2016 Shelf Unbound Notable 100 Winner (My Mummy is an Engineer)
- 2016 Shortlisted in the Rubery Book Awards (My Mummy is a Plumber)
- 2016 We are the City Rising Star Award Winner
- 2015 Bronze Medal Winner - The Wishing Shelf Book Awards (My Mummy is an Engineer)
- 2015 PRECIOUS award winner for Outstanding Woman in STEM
- 2014 UK's top 35 women in business under the age of 35 (Management Today Magazine and the Sunday Times)
Press and Media Mentions
- If we're going to get more women into STEM, we need to get more girls reading about science
- I was tired of gender stereotypes in STEM careers so I set up a publishing company to change the next generation’s perceptions
- Crossing Boundaries: The Future of Science Education
- Throwing the storybook at gender bias