Mandy-Suzanne Wong is the author of the award-winning fiction chapbook Awabi (Digging Press, March 2019) and the novel Drafts of a Suicide Note (Regal House, October 2019). The latter, an IPG frontlist title for Fall 2019, was a finalist for the Permafrost Book Prize, a semifinalist for the Conium Review Book Prize, shortlisted for the Santa Fe Writers’ Project Literary Award, and awarded an honorable mention in the Leapfrog Press Fiction Contest.
Mandy-Suzanne's short fiction took first prize in Strange Days Books' (Greece) 2018 Eyelands International Flash Fiction Competition and made the shortlist for the 2015 Aeon Award (UK). In the US, her short stories appear in Quail Bell, The Island Review, The Spectacle, The Hypocrite Reader, Conclave, Dark Matter, Five on the Fifth, and elsewhere.
She also writes creative and scholarly essays, which have appeared in Volume!, The Hypocrite Reader, Organised Sound, and anthologies produced by Open Court, Routledge, Oxford University Press, and Duke University Press. She was a founding Co-Editor-in-Chief of Evental Aesthetics, a peer reviewed journal of philosophy, which she still serves as an editorial consultant.
Mandy-Suzanne holds a BA from Wellesley College, an MM from the New England Conservatory of Music, and a PhD from the University of California, Los Angeles. She lives on the coral-caressed mid-Atlantic island of Bermuda, where she was born.
Awards and Recognition
- Winner, Digging Press Chapbook Series Competition, 2018 - Awabi
- Winner, Eyelands/Strange Days Books International Flash Fiction Contest, 2018 - "Coconut Octopus (Amphioctopus marginatus)"
- Finalist, Permafrost Book Prize, 2018 - Drafts of a Suicide Note
- Honorable Mention, Leapfrog Press Fiction Contest, 2017 - Drafts of a Suicide Note
- Semifinalist, Conium Review Book Prize, 2016 - Drafts of a Suicide Note
- Shortlist, Santa Fe Writers’ Project Literary Award, 2015 - Drafts of a Suicide Note
- Shortlist, Aeon Award, 2015 - Persimmon Wonderseeker and the Mystery of the Deadly Lambshade