Once upon a time, there was a little girl from Ohio who drew on sidewalks and dreamt of becoming a REAL artist someday. And she did!
After lots of doodling (and erasing), some schooling, and a cool gig as a staff artist at American Greetings, that little girl (ME!) took a big leap to follow her dream of making children's books full-time.
Today, my art can be found on everything from social expressions products, board games, plush, decor, fabric, wallpaper, and of course—BOOKS! Since making my publishing debut in 2007, I have illustrated and/or authored twenty books, earning recognition from groups including the Society of Illustrators, The New York Times, Scholastic Parent & Child Magazine, Indie Next List, the Cooperative Children’s Book Center and Please Touch Museum.
I still live in Ohio, where I enjoy cozying up to doodle with my art-loving family of four and venturing out to schools and libraries to encourage kids (and even grown-ups) to share their stories and chase their dreams.
Awards and Recognition
- Society of Illustrators 49th & 50th Annual
- Amazon Best Books of 2015 (I Can Dance)
- Amazon Best Books of the Month: Baby-Age 2, July 2017 (Haiku Night)
- Cooperative Children's Book Center "Best of the Year" list, 2009 (Haiku Baby)
- Parent's Choice "5 Board Books for Baby", 2009 (Haiku Baby)
- Scholastic Parent & Child "Best Before-Bed Read-Aloud" + "Best of 2010" (Sweet Dreams Lullaby)
- Spring 2010 Indie Next List (Sweet Dreams Lullaby)
- Imagination Soup "Best Books of 2012" (Tons of Trucks)
- Silver Medal award for Children's Literature, 2013 Florida Book Awards (It's a Firefly Night)
- 2016 Summertime Storywalk featured book, C.A. Friday Memorial Library and Peapack-Gladstone Library (It's a Firefly Night)