Veteran news reporter, true-crime author, freelance writer and editor. Also certified as a group fitness instructor, yoga teacher and personal trainer.
Press and Media Mentions
- The Cincinnati (Ohio ) ENQUIRER ran an article about new information my book revealed about a 10-year-old murder case.
- Fox19 TV report on my new book, plus video and a copy of a diagram I produced showing strange symptoms suffered by a 24-year-old woman who never underwent tests for several possible disorders that could have caused her to drown in her bathtub.
- Northern Kentucky Tribune article
- Feature article on author in Women of Cincy blog
- Radio station 700 WLW: Former Hamilton County prosecutor Mike Allen spoke with me and Peter Bronson, who edited my book and published it through his company, Chilidog Press. We discussed the amount of work that went into the book, Ryan Widmer’s reaction to it–and the seemingly slim chances for any appeals to succeed. Scroll to the 36:00 mark to hear the interview.
- Radio station 700WLW: Eddie Fingers and Rocky Boiman explored why I wrote the book and tell me that “this has Netflix written all over it,” but I tell them that so far, no one had contacted me about making the story into a movie. Scroll to the 32:00 mark on the July 24, 2018 episode.
- Radio station 700 WLW: Host Gary Jeff Walker and I talked about unusual features of the case, including the fact that rock-n-roll lyrics were considered evidence. Scroll to the 72:19 mark
- Radio station 55 WKRC: Host Brian Thomas gave a great overview of the case and explored speculation over any possible motive for Sarah to have been drowned, along with “inconsistencies” in Ryan’s story.
- Popular podcast True Crime Brewery hosts read aloud large passages from my book, SUBMERGED, and offered commentary.
- Radio station 700 WLW: Host Bill Cunningham, who is an attorney, agreed that it was very unusual for the prosecution to acknowledge that they didn’t know how the alleged crime had been committed, even despite a conviction. Go to the 36:30 mark.