Lucy Sanna, author of both fiction and nonfiction, has found success in venues ranging from poetry and short stories to feature science articles and self-help books. With an education in English literature, a nose for research, and a passion for sensual detail, Lucy easily moves through time, place, and voice, bringing both creative fancy and authenticity to her work.
Her debut novel, THE CHERRY HARVEST, was released by William Morrow in June 2015.
Lucy has been featured on national television and radio, including CBS, NBC, NPR, and FOX, and her books have been recognized by national press, including the Los Angeles Times, the San Francisco Examiner, Playboy Magazine, and Men’s World Magazine, to name a few.
Since 1999, Lucy has served on the Executive Planning Committee for the National Kidney Foundation's annual San Francisco Authors Luncheon, the premiere authors event of the SF Bay Area, founded by Amy Tan and Ann Getty.
She has also served on the Board of the California Writers Club, San Francisco Peninsula Branch, and she is co-founder and faculty member of the Gold Rush Writers Conference, now in its eighth year.
Lucy is grateful for support from -
- BREAD LOAF - invitational workshop in Sicily, 2014
- VERMONT STUDIO CENTER - residency fellowship, 2010
- SQUAW VALLEY COMMUNITY OF WRITERS - invitational workshop, 2008
Awards and Recognition
- Midwest Independent Booksellers Association (MIBA) FICTION PICK for July 2015
- Wisconsin State Journal Book Club Pick for Summer 2015