A San Francisco Bay Area resident and a lifelong Californian, I am a product of writing professionals and exposure to the world of entertainment from an early age. Expressing myself through language has tethered me to every creative and professional project over a lifetime. My approach is intuitive, diligent, and music- and historically-inclined. Using mainly creative non-fiction, I am a published writer, covering topics such as social commentary songs and the lost art of letter writing. As a songwriter and publisher, my music and lyrical work have been on NBC TV, professional videos, and have received awards. I have been actively seeking an agent to take me on to represent my literary work in Fiction, New Adult, Historical Fiction and crossover genres. To quote Steinbeck: "The writer must believe that what he is doing is the most important thing in the world. And he must hold to this illusion even when he knows it is not true." Countered with James Baldwin: "I am what time, circumstance, history, have made me, certainly, but I am also so much more than that. So are we all." I inhabit all the spaces between these sentiments.
Awards and Recognition
- NBC TV Sync License Performance: Visual Vocals x 2 "Promised Land"
- Soundtrack for videography piece: Senior Choice at Home, music entitled "Searching" and "Sunday Drive at Three" (instrumental version)
- Content Researcher/Technical Writer for award-winning WHERE IN THE WORLD IS CARMEN SAN DIEGO? computer video game software
- Featured on ABC News special entitled "Teachers Making a Difference"
- Nashville Songwriters Association, Int'l. Honorable Mention for "Lesson in the Blues" (song)