LEGEND ∙ LORE ∙ LOVE ∙ MAGIC
These are the hallmarks of Dani Harper’s transformational tales of faeries, shapeshifters, ghosts, and more, for a mature audience. A former newspaper editor, Dani’s passion for all things supernatural led her to a second career writing fiction. There isn’t anything she likes better than exploring myths and legends from many cultures, which serve to inspire her sizzling and suspenseful stories.
A longtime resident of the Canadian north and southeastern Alaska, she now lives in rural Washington with her retired mountain-man husband. Together they do battle with runaway garden gnomes, rampant fruit trees, and a roving herd of predatory chickens.
Harper’s first foray into fiction began with a series of successful wolf-shifter novels: CHANGELING MOON (2012 RITA finalist), CHANGELING DREAM, and CHANGELING DAWN. A darker werewolf tale bordering on urban fantasy followed: FIRST BITE.
More recently she’s been bringing ancient faery legends into modern-day America with The Grim Series (STORM WARRIOR, a top ten pick by PUBLISHERS WEEKLY, STORM BOUND, STORM WARNED, and STORM CROSSED) For those who love a ghostly love story, she wrote THE HOLIDAY SPIRIT, Book 1 of the Haunted Holiday Series.
Awards and Recognition
- 2012 - Finalist for RITA AWARD, Paranormal Romance category
- 2019 - 2nd place in WRITE TOUCH READERS AWARD, Mainstream Fiction with a Central Romance category
- 2019 - WINNER of GOLDEN QUILL, Fantasy category
- 2019 - AWARD of MERIT and finalist for the HOLT MEDALLION, Novel with Strong Romantic Elements category
Press and Media Mentions
- USA TODAY "Happily Ever After" - Dani Harper interviewed by Veronica Scott
- PUBLISHERS WEEKLY - Storm Warrior, Book 1 of the Grim Series, made the list of Top 10 Romance & Erotica
- PUBLISHERS WEEKLY - Storm Warrior, the first book in the Grim Series , received a boxed and starred review .
- PUBLISHERS WEEKLY - The second book in Dani Harper's shapeshifter series, CHANGELING DREAM, received a positive review
- PUBLISHERS WEEKLY - Dani Harper's debut novel, CHANGELING MOON, was well-received