Carew Papritz, Author, Publisher
As a bestselling author of the award-winning inspirational book, “The Legacy Letters,” Carew Papritz thrives on the incurable combination of an undying curiosity and an adventurer’s heart. He truly lives his book’s central message to “live life to the fullest.”
Yosemite, Romper Room, & A First Novel—Born in Yosemite National Park, Carew lived the first year of life in a tent cabin; at 5 he appeared on the TV show, Romper Room; at 12 he won his first national writing award; and at 16 he wrote his first novel (which of course, for every “great novelist,” did not get published).
Skiing, War, & Bartending— Carew’s curiosity has lead him to be a ski patrolman, tour bus driver, river raft guide, and a bartender. Living in Norway, he trained and raced with members of the Norwegian Junior Olympic cross-country ski team. As a freelance journalist, he reported on the war in Lebanon and on the riots in Los Angeles.
UCLA, Marlon Brando, & Johnny Depp--Getting his degree in filmmaking from UCLA film school, Carew worked on music videos (Madonna, REM, U2), really low-budget movies, forgettable TV shows, never-seen commercials, and eventually the big league—feature films. He even worked with Marlon Brando and Johnny Depp (a name-dropping highpoint in his LA life).
From Hollywood to The Ranch—Fate and curiosity inspired Carew to leave behind his career as a filmmaker in Hollywood, and returning to his ranching roots, work as a cowboy on a ranch in the Southwest. Here, on the back of his pickup, he began writing The Legacy Letters. Eventually, he “wrangled the woman who would become his wife.” They were married on horseback while a bagpiper played (and yes, they did ride off into the sunset—a typical Carew scenario . . .).
First-Ever Book Signings to Shake Up the Book World!—Still “living life to the fullest” and in pursuit of the most adventurous first-ever book signings, Carew became the first independently published author to digitally to sign a book—and from the back of a horse (the one he got married on, of course!).
Whistle-Stop Tour & “Pop-up” Signings—Carew put together the first-ever, modern-day, whistle-stop book tour on Amtrak along the entire East Coast while inventing the “pop-up” book signing, surprising people on board the train, from a horse-drawn carriage around Charleston, in front of The Today Show, and even at Niagara Falls.
The Naked Cowboy & Volcanoes—Carew sang and signed books with the Naked Cowboy in Times Square (Carew was not naked for this signing), and did the first-ever book signing on top of a still-active volcano, Mt. St. Helens in Washington State, where he also did a live radio show!
Carew loves nothing better than a good laugh, a great scotch, and a classic read. If he could write books while riding horses, climbing mountains, or skiing any powder snow, then life would almost be perfect.
He is still determined to be a Renaissance Man in an age that lauds the specialist. The Huffington Post says Carew "intrigues and enlightens, charms and catalyzes change for every reader."
Want to find out about Carew’s next adventure? Or wild book signing? Please check out his website at http://www.thelegacyletters.com, sign up to receive an email, or just enjoy a moment with Carew and The Legacy Letters!
The Legacy Letters, by Carew Papritz
Winner of 5 national awards including the Mom’s Choice Award, this inspirational bestseller, writes The Huffington Post, is a "A Must-Read Book of Wisdom for Life...exquisite, intimate, passionate, humorous, and genuine..."
“Live Life to the Fullest” becomes a father’s passionate plea to his family throughout the letters—and to all of us desiring to live the same way. Woman’s World Magazine writes, “This inspirational classic is the perfect comfort book for people hungry to find meaning in their lives.”
The Legacy Letters—In a race against time and separated from his loved ones through tragic circumstances, a dying father discloses to us his most intimate and hopeful thoughts about life and love through private letters to his wife and his children.
Ultimately revealed within the letters is the father’s extraordinary emotional and spiritual journey. In his race with death, writing with inspired clarity and passion, the father transforms
his words of self-discovery and wisdom, interwoven between deeply moving personal stories and poignantly-told memories, into the practical, moral, and spiritual guidebook for his children he’d never live to see, and for his wife, his redemptive act of love.
Combining the best elements of such popular bestsellers as Tuesdays with Morrie, The Last Lecture, and Chicken Soup for the Soul, author Carew Papritz creates with his award winning book, The Legacy Letters, a timeless gift, filled with a hopeful, positive, and powerful message for all generations . . .
. . . for all parents and children of any age; for spiritual seekers and the perpetually curious; for lovers of the written word and lovers of the passionate heart . . .
. . . for all those who long to be reconnected with universally important values that keep our hopes alive, defends our big dreams and our belief that we can reach them, and gives us the courage we need to change our own lives . . .
The Legacy Letters is for you . . .
Awards and Recognition
- Gold Medal - Mom's Choice Awards: Best Inspirational/Motivational
- First Place - Reader Views Literary Award: Best Spiritual/Inspirational
- Gold Medal - Reviewer's Choice: Best non-fiction Book of the Year
- Gold Medal - Readers' Favorite: Best Inspirational Fiction
- Winner - International Book Awards: Cross Genre Fiction
Press and Media Mentions
- “The Legacy Letters offers the reader an exquisite, intimate, passionate, humorous and genuine experience of the final days of one man’s life. But ultimately it provides inspiration and guidance for living a deeply meaningful life — every day — for all the days of one’s existence. Carew Papritz has used his considerable writing talent to pen a story that entertains and enlightens, intrigues and inspires, charms and catalyzes change for every reader.” --The Huffington Post
- “Deeply immersive and it has a strong sense of atmosphere… authentic… emotionally potent.” --Kirkus Reviews
- “This inspirational classic is the perfect comfort book for people hungry to find meaning in their lives.” --Woman's World Magazine
- “Books of this nature and this quality are rare. Keep it in your library and share it with everyone you love.” — Grady Harp, Amazon Top 100 Reviewer, Amazon Hall of Fame Reviewer, Vine Reviewer
- “Every so often, there are books that grab you at the beginning and hold you spellbound to the finish. Love and appreciation of nature, as well as respect for humankind, leap from the pages so that each reader will ponder his or her own belief systems while wondering how anyone would choose to be alone at the moment of death. A powerful and poignant read for all.” — Reviewed by Karen Pirnot for Readers’ Favorite